Ghana Black Queens duo Elizaberth Addo and Portia Boakye have been nominated for this year’s Women’s African player of the year award.
The Black Queens duo joins 13 other African Women footballers shortlisted by Caf for this year’s awards.
Both Elizabeth Addo and Portia Boakye were part of the Black Queens team which was eliminated in the group stage of the ongoing Women Cup of Nations in Ghana.
Boakye and Addo have been nominated among top women footballers on the African continent including Nigerian football queen Asisat Oshoala, Mali’s Basira Toure, South Africa’s Chrestinah Thembi Kgathlana and fellow Ghanaian younster Mukarama Abdulai and among others.
Below are the players who made the list for this year’s Women’s African player of the year
- Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
- Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
- Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
- Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
- Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
- Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
- Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
- Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine)
- Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
- Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
- Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)